This is why ReactJS front-end developers are so much in demand. Their skills with this framework create quality interfaces. The best ones have:
- Knowledge of ReactJS and its core principles
- Experience in popular workflows such as Flux or Redux
- Familiarity with specifications of scripting languages
Reasons for the Popularity of ReactJS
- A recent developer survey showed that almost 70% felt that it was the most loved framework.
- Its popularity has only grown with time, with almost 65% saying that they have used it and would love to do so again.
- One market share study shows that 1,128,346 websites and 289,318 unique domains use it all over the world.
Unlike other frameworks, ReactJS doesn’t use a model-view-controller structure. Instead, it encourages the developer to work with reusable UI components. This is ideal for presenting data that changes over time.
This flexibility is why it has been quickly adopted. It has several advantages:
- It can render views, not templates. These abstractions are important in the case of large applications
- It can make views easier to maintain because it unifies the markup with corresponding view logic
- The seamlessness of ReactJS means there’s no need to concatenate strings manually. This leads to fewer vulnerabilities
- When changes in data are called for, there are only a minimal set of code alterations needed. This downward data flow makes it more stable
ReactJS also has all the advantages of free access. There are several useful applications and additional tools from off-company developers.
In this way, the lightweight and dynamic nature of React JS makes it the preferred choice for front-end development.
Why It’s Hard to Find Good ReactJS Front-end Developers
ReactJS makes it possible to create compelling and immersive interfaces that companies need in order to be noticed online. As such, ReactJS developers are in great demand.
Typically, such developers are already working with companies and start-ups that have seen the value of ReactJS and are keen to capitalise on it.
Some of these are: Facebook, Dropbox, Khan Academy, Netflix, Airbnb, PayPal, Walmart, and Tesla Motors. In addition, there are many current apps that also use ReactJS.
All of this means that a proficient ReactJS front-end developer is in an enviable position. He or she is likely to be snapped up quickly by a well-regarded company, in a fulfilling position.
In fact, studies show that the annual average ReactJS developer salary is USD 72,681 in the United States, and GBP 36,097 in the United Kingdom. In India, it is approximately INR 5,61,606 for a developer to INR 10,68,760 for a technology lead.
Careful. Not All ReactJS Front-end Developers are the Same
For starters, here are some of the skills that good ReactJS developers should possess:
- They should be able to work with semantic HTML tags, CSS selectors, and understand the box model
- They should have experience working with JSX, an indispensable part of ReactJS
- They should understand Ecma Script 6, with its variables, arrays, and functions, among others.
- Redux is a state management library, and mastering its principles is key to good front-end development with ReactJS
For these reasons, you should make sure that the ReactJS front-end developer you’re thinking of hiring is really the right choice. They have varying levels of experience and expertise.
The Consequences of Choosing the Wrong ReactJS Developer
The time taken to hire just the right developer can cause anxiety levels to rise. However, choosing the wrong one can lead to very unfortunate results.
These are some of the issues that can crop up:
Issues of Authentication and Authorisation: These are critical in today’s security-conscious time. If such concerns are not handled properly, the company information and operations could be at risk.
Issues of Scalability: Once the operation grows, it’s a waste of time and effort to rewrite parts of the application. These need to be built-in from the start so that scalability does not turn into a web development problem.
Issues of SEO: As with scalability, proper SEO ought to be kept in mind from the start. Too often, an inexperienced developer will leave this for the final stages, when content is created. Sometimes, this can mean that large parts of the system need rewriting.
Issues of Bandwidth: When it comes to development and testing, fast connection speeds are the norm. But this may not be the case in a real-time consumer environment. If not addressed, this leads to frustration.
Issues of Screens and Browsers: Today’s customer accesses the web in a variety of ways. There are tablets, mobile phones, and desktops, and there are also a variety of web browsers. The front-end development needs to optimise for all of these.
The Solution: Hiring Offshore Front-end Developers
As you’ve just seen, ReactJS is a great way to render your webpages. Its popularity means that good developers are hard to come by, and choosing the wrong one could lead to undesirable consequences.
Is there a way out? Yes, there is. All you need to do is look at on-boarding an efficient team of offshore developers, such as Uplers.
There are several advantages to this. Among them are:
- Access to a global talent pool
- Working with developers who have the experience and expertise to suit your needs
- The flexibility and agility to understand your needs and make modifications when necessary
- The cost-effectiveness that comes with hiring only the talent you need, when you need it
You’ll also be pleased to find that Uplers is one of the largest, globally recognised outsourcing agencies, empowering businesses like yours across the globe to build a better digital ecosystem.
From front-end development to white label web design to digital marketing campaigns, Uplers makes all of this accessible and effective.
Tell us about your ReactJS development needs, and we’ll offer you a solution that will delight you.