2020 has seen small as well as large businesses relying on eCommerce and online resources for boosting their sales and revenues. Both web-based and mobile applications are the need of the hour for the rising e-commerce requirement. Predictably, this has led to an exponential growth in the need for web development tools.
Top 10 AngularJS Development Tools
Webstorm offers intelligent coding options to AngularJS developers with great navigation tools as well as error-detecting features.
- Coding assistance for different Java Script languages, CSS, HTML, and Node.Js
- Highly efficient debugging, testing, tracing, and profiling features
- Can run ESLint, JSCS, TSLint, Stylelint, JSHint or JSLint also
- Superior customization features to match your coding style.
Pricing: Individual packs start at only $59 for the first year, with reducing rates for future packs
- Facilitates cohesive work without the need for scrolling
- Built-in spell checker for avoiding silly mistakes
- Coding assistance to work on different languages
- Intelligent code completion support with both word expansion and structural completion
- Not an open-source development tool—can’t be shared freely
- Difficulty in opening multiple projects in a single stance.
2. Visual Studio
Visual Studio Code has been specially created by Microsoft for Windows, macOS, and Linux. It comes with an intelligent editor, making it one of the fastest AngularJS development tools available today.
- Its IntelliSense feature offers smart completions of imported modules, variable types, and even function definitions.
- Built-in GUI for Git provides ease of seeing the changes made in the project.
- Peek Function that expands into an inline window displaying the full definition of the function.
Pricing: Completely free and built on open source.
- Multiple OS Support – Runs on Windows, macOS, and Linux
- Free to use for both commercial as well as private use
- Proactive support for required plugins
- Open-source platform – can be easily downloaded and updated
- Debugging process is not as efficient as other development tools.
Karma is one of the most widely used AngularJS development tools. It provides the facility of coding on laptop/desktop browsers, phones, and even tablets.
- Can work efficiently with all types of browsers
- Offers test coding in multiple as well as real browsers
- Open-source community at GitHub
- Easy to integrate with Travis, Jenkins, and Semaphore
Pricing: Open source
- Superior testing functions across different browsers
- Efficient framework with the help of command line or IDE
- Open-source platform for easy plugins
- Requires Node.JS for installation
- Slower testing compared to other development tools.
4. Aptana Studio
Aptana Studio is a JS development tool designed for the quick development of websites. It is based on a flexible and efficient integrated environment, Eclipse, to provide flexibility and speed to AngularJS developers.
- Superior Git integration for better management of the source code
- Built-in debugger for improved debugging features
- Offers development environment with customization of commands\
- Comes with Tree-based code browser
Price: Free and open source
- Built-in terminal that makes it easy and fast to run common commands
- Code Assist also supports the authoring of HTML5
- Development Wizard allows the usage of protocols such as FTPS, FTP, Capistrano, and SFTP
- May have stability issues
- Lacks support for complex projects
Protractor is an open-source framework that brings with it an automatic and interactive framework for superior app development. It combines several technologies like Mocha, Cucumber, Selenium, and Jasmine.
- Offers end to end testing capabilities
- Automatic syncing of web pages and tests
- Allows testing on a real browser
Pricing: Open source
- Works well with both angular as well as non-angular apps
- Easy to set up
- Speedy testing features that eliminate unnecessary “sleep” and “wait” time
- Runs on both real and headless browsers
- Debugging features may lack in certain projects
- Needs knowledge of Selenium for using APIs and other technicals.
Angular Fire is a backend development tool that facilitates dynamic API features, 3-way data binding, and superior development capacity.
- Stores data automatically for offline use
- Offers synchronized real-time binding
- Facilitates to manage binary data files like images, videos, and blobs
- Officially supported by AngularJS binding for Firebase
Pricing: Open Source
- Provides flexible and dynamic API
- Offers real-time data synchronization
- Superior developer experience
- Ordinary documentation features
7. Angular IDE
Angular IDE is considered to be a great IDE tool for both beginners as well as experts. Developed by CodeMix, this Angular boasts of syntax-aware source colouring, real-time validation, auto-completion of code, and several other unique features.
- HTML template intelligence for auto-completing codes and detection of misdefined tags
- Auto-completion of code for speedy and error-free projects
- Offers block and full-formatting as well as advanced settings
Pricing: Plans start at $5/user for 30 days and go up to $48/user per year
- Superior support for troubleshooting with Live Chat
- Enhanced CLI integration for seamless working
- Can be used with Eclipse plugin
- Easy to understand for beginners
- Not a free product
Mocha.js is a testing framework that comes packed with several features for better asynchronous testing. It is best suited for AngularJS developers on the beginners level and is ideal for training purposes as well.
- Offers java-script API for testing
- Ideal for asynchronous testing
- Uses a wide range of reporters
Pricing: Open source
- Flexible and optimum reporting on tests
- Compatible with almost all browsers
- Easy to provide support to Generators
- Suitable for TDD (Test driven development) and BDD (Behavior driven development)
- Not possible to run random tests
- Requires assertion libraries and mocking utilities
- Not suitable for beginners.
Djangular uses Django and Angular framework for easy creation of content for projects. This AngularJS tool facilitates the easy app integration of AngularJS with better flexibility.
- Offers namespacing AngularJS content according to Django app
- Comes with a flexible framework with all required components
Pricing: Open source
- Better security features with CSRF protection
- Reusable app – can be used several times
- Helps develop project-specific content
- Easily available with open source
- Difficult to learn for beginners.
10. Sublime Text
Sublime Text is considered to be one of the best text editor tools by most AngularJS developers. Along with offering better customization options, Sublime Text also comes with several packages that make it easy to work with AngularJS.
- “Goto Definition” provides information by simply hovering over the symbol
- “Goto Anything” helps save time by jumping to symbols, words, or lines
- Multiple Selections allows the developer to change many lines or variables together
- CSS sorting feature for sorting properties in alphabetical order
Pricing: Pricing plans start at $65/seat/year
- Wide range of plugins for different applications
- Works efficiently on multiple projects
- Full customization keeps the platform lightweight
- Allows easy file switching
- Not an open-source framework
So, what’s next?
The next time you hire AngularJS developer, consider checking how aware they are of these AngularJS development tools. Also, if you’re planning to organize training for your in-house or dedicated outsourced teams, these are the tools you’d want to focus on.